McCloud is located in Northern California just off of I-5 (see MAP). To connect up for sharing a ride, check out and/or leave a message at the following:
- Companion, Partner, Roommate & RideShare Search
- Facebook BurningTango Event Page
- Shawn’s RideShare,
- Leave or read replies below.
Here’s a list of the closest commercial airports. (For inexpensive flights, try a website called “Cheap Flights“. )
- Medford (MFR), OR (102 miles) – 1 hr 44 min. Driving Directions
- Klamath Falls (LMT), OR (92 miles) – 1 hr 48 min. Driving Directions
- Redding (RDD ), CA ( 76 miles)- 1 hr 23 min. Driving Directions
- Eugene (EUG), OR (275 miles) – 4 hr 44 min. Driving Directions
- Portland (PDX), OR (383 miles) – 6 hr 42 min. Driving Directions
- Reno (RNO), NV (207 miles) – 3 hr 37 min. Driving Directions
- Sacramento (SMF), CA (219 miles south) – 3 hr 41 min. Driving Directions
- San Francisco (SFO), CA (294 miles south) – 4 hr 59 min. Driving Directions
Also there is a nice general aviation airport approximately 7 miles West of McCloud, “Dunsmuir-Mott” with a 2700 ft runway. No need to drive hours to and from the other airports listed, just bring your own plane!
Nearest Amtrak Station is in Dunsmuir, CA (about 17 miles from McCloud). You can start from as far north as Seattle (arriving about 12:30am) or as far south as Los Angeles (arriving about 5:30am). So, from either direction you’ll want to call ahead and arrange for a taxi to meet you. (Click here for Yellow Page listing of taxies.)