Dear Tango Burner Guests,
Below are a lot of details and explanations which are especially helpful for first-time Tango Burners.
- Although schedules will be available, better to print and bring your own.
- Note that there are no breaks in the schedule for lunch and dinner. This is done so that I can provide you more options AND so that the limited restaurants in McCloud don’t get so jammed up. You’ll just have to pick and choose when to go eat, hike or rest.
- If you would like a private lesson with one of the instructors, check the Private Lesson page.
- No food nor open drink containers are allowed in the Main Ballroom. While they last, a free water bottle will be available in the dining area of the Main Ballroom. (Unique stickers will be available for you to put on your water bottle so you can identify it.
- A Consignment Table in the dining area of the Main Ballroom will be available for you to put out any used tango items you would like to sell. (If you put out shoes, only put the left or right so no one will steal them.)
- Wanna take a hike, stop by the Ranger Station, 419 Forest Road, McCloud and pick up a trail map.
- Weather: Generally HOT in the daytime and cold at night.
- Check out the most popular non-tango activities at Suggestions for Non-tango Activities
- PreBurn takes place in the upstairs Ballroom of the Mercantile on Thu and Fri. All pre-burn events are pay-at-the door. (See Map and schedule for details.)
- There are no wristbands for the Pre-Burn events.
Main Burn Events:
- Main-Burn takes place in the Main Dance Hall Fri 7:00pm through Sunday 8:00pm and then moves to Ax & Rose on Sunday 8:00-10:00pm. (Again, see Map and schedule for details.)
- The first time you arrive for a Main Burn Event at the Main Ballroom, check in at the front door to receive your wristband. This green wrist band also signifies that you are verified. Please wear your wrist band for the duration of the festival. (Yes, the wrist band is waterproof and you can swim and take a shower with it on!)
- Cooling of the Main Ballroom is done by swamp coolers. This means that some doors and windows must be kept open. And yes, they are a bit noisy, so I ask all instructors to wear wireless mics.
- Last milonga in the Main Ballroom is Sunday 6:00-8:00pm. After that, the final milonga is at the Ax & Rose from 8:00-10:00pm.