Perks for being a BurningTango Host
(if interested, check Host Schedule and then Contact Clay, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Free admission to all Main Burn Events. (Does not include Pre-Burn Events.)
- Sat morning continental breakfast in the Main Ballroom dining area (8:00-9:00am)
- Chance to meet lots of the TangoBurner staff and guests
BurningTango Host Responsibilities:
- Be on duty as indicated in the Host Schedule
- First, check your name off of the Master List (which includes all verified attendees–i.e., instructors, DJs, Hosts, VIPs, vendors, guests, etc) and then put on a green wristband.
- Your main job will be to check off all new attendees as they enter the Main Ballroom to be sure they are on the Master Registration List. Then you will physically put on their green wristband. Wristband must be worn on the wrist–not their ankle, purse or backpack–no exceptions!!!. Wristbands should be worn for the duration of the festival.
- Remind attendes about the small green name badges available on table inside of ballroom.
- There are no partial admission passes for this event–i.e., no single day passes, no milonga passes and no individual class passes etc etc.)
- If a local town person stops by and just wants to “peak” inside, tell them sorry, but due to Covid this year it is NOT allowed.
- If someone shows up who is not on the Master Registration List, here’s the procedure:
- Double check what name and spelling they might have used to pre-register.
- Ask them if they pre-registered as a couple and if yes what the name of their partner is. Try finding their partner on the Master List.
- (There will also be an orange Master Registration list on a separate clip board of just paid guests. If not on this list, they have not paid!)
- If they insist that they have pre-registered, paid and been verified, fill out an Orange Anomalies sheet for them, and give them a green wristband.
- Theoretically, if they haven’t pre-registered, then they cannot attend. HOWEVER, If they are VERY insistent and turning mean, then ask to see their Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate and charge them $150 for a Full Pass (cash or check), fill out an Orange Anomalies sheet and put on a green wristband, or if they don’t have a vax card, put on a red wristband. (It’s also possible to use a credit card, but only if I’m right there to help.)
- Random Partner Seach Mixer takes place at the beginning of the MishMash Mixer on Friday 7:00pm. You are welcome to participate. The remaining extra Search Cards will be at the front tables for you to distribute as you see fit.
- Note that there are no breaks in the schedule for lunch and dinner. This is done so that I cram in more options of classes and milongas, AND so that hundreds of guests don’t all hit the limited restaurants in McCloud all at the same time.
- If you would like a private lesson with one of the instructors, check the Private Lesson page and/or instructor contact sheet on the table in the Main Ballroom.
- No food nor open water containers are allowed in the Main Ballroom. A free water bottle will be available in the dining area of the Main Ballroom. (Unique stickers will be available for you to put on your water bottle so you can identify it.
- A Consignment Table in the dining area of the Main Ballroom will be available for you to put out any used tango items you would like to sell.
- Because the Main Ballroom is cooled by swamp coolers, the front door needs to remain open for air circulation.
- PreBurn takes place in the upstairs Ballroom of the Mercantile on Thu and Fri. Sorry but being a host does not give you free admission to the pre-burn events and you will have to pay-at-the door. (See Map and schedule for details.)