If you are looking for lodging or can provide lodging, leave a comment below and/or check postings on the Facebook Event Page. Be sure to include (a) name and contact information, (b) price range, (c) dates and (e) description of yourself (gender, number in party, allergies, etc) or description of lodging (location, number of beds, kitchen available, private entrance, pets, etc)
Also, check out this partial list of accommodations in or near McCloud. (To add your establishment, go to Contacts and send me your information.)
- Friday’s RV Retreat & McCloud Fly Fishing Ranch–6 miles south of McCloud! This is really a secluded getaway.
- McCloud Dance Country RV Resort–Huge campground with many options and only 0.2 mile from the Ballroom. Check out the “Photos” tab on their web site. Phone: (530) 964-2252
- The McCloud Mercantile Hotel–Beautifully restored large period rooms. Only 3 block from the Ballroom. Even if you don’t stay there, go and check out the rooms. Mention you are attending Burning Tango and get their special discount.
- McCloud Guest House–0.5 miles from the Ballroom. Call 530-964-2330
- McCloud River Inn–325 Lawndale Ct. Beautiful country Victorian inn restored to the grandeur and charm of its era. About 6 blocks from the Ballroom. Call 530-964-2130
- McCloud Timber Inn–153 Squaw Valley Rd. Spacious and clean cabin lodge only 0.3 miles from the Ballroom. Call 530 925 2253.
- McCloud Vacation Home (also at VRBO)–3 bedroom, 3 bath home in McCloud that sleeps 13. About 0.5 miles from the Ballroom. Owner is John Gibbs at 415-577-5198
- McCloud B&B Hotel–Huge beautifully restored 100 year old building only 4 blocks from the Ballroom.
- Meadow Woods Lodge–4 bedrooms, 2 bath home 2 miles south of the Ballroom.
- Mt Shasta Campgrounds
- Shasta Rainbow House–3 bedrooms, 3 baths a couple blocks from the Ballroom.
- Shasta Star Ranch B&B–11 miles from McCloud. Can accommodate up to 39 people.
- Shasta View Lodge–154 Squaw Valley Rd–0.3 miles from the Ballroom (next to the camp grounds). Newly remodeled 5-9 units with a restaurant and large outdoor patio. Call the Mercantile Hotel at 530-964 2330 to make reservations.
- Local Home–3 Bedroom, 3 Bath, 3 Block Away–From the pics, looks nice inside.
- Here are some additional resources to help your search:
- Dunsmuir Lodging–Only 17 miles away, Dunsmuir is a beautiful mountain village with a population of about 1600.
- Mt Shasta Chamber of Commerce Hotel List–Mt Shasta is a much bigger city (population about 3500) and is only 12 miles away.
- Weed Chamber of Commerce Hotel List–21 miles away and also has a population of about 3000.
I am about to register, as soon as I check my calendar conflcts. I’m 15 minutes away in downtown Dunsmuir. I have a guest room and a 22 x 16′ dance studio in my house. firstname.lastname@example.org. There are two hotels in Dunsmuir to consider too. Mossbrae Hotel only has seven VERY nice large rooms Dunsmuir Inn and Suites is very clean, modest but run by nice family.
I registered. That’s me, Nicole and Fernanda Ghi in Vegas 15 years ago.
I’m interested in your room and sigining
up with you.
I’m interested in your room and signing up with u . Liz
Anyone have space for a roommate? I am planning on staying 4 nights : Thurs-Sunday.
My house is full!
Looking to share a 2 bedrm/1bath AirBnB in McCloud. 3 nights June 15-17. $404.50 total/ bedrm for the 3 nights.
Hi Maggie: I will be attending BT with a single lead (we are not a couple) but are friendly enough to share a room, possibly bring in a cot, if the room is large enough. Or I could be happy on a couch, if there is a decent one.
We would like to be in McCloud. FYI I am Canadian and lead lives in Grass VAlley.
Both intermediate level dancers and mature adults, non-smoking etc. and tidy, friendly folks.
Could you kindly send pics and more info to email@example.com if this is still available and you interested in sharing with us. Thanks so much.
Hi Fran, I reserved this house last June so I would have a place in McCloud for this year’s Burning Tango , which has been on my desire list for a while. I have not seen it in person, just on the AirBnB site under McCloud, OR Gingerbread House. Looks like one of the bedrm has enough space to add a single cot. I am a single women from Whidbey Is ( north of Seattle) and also non smoking. I have a women dancer friend from Reno who is healing from an injury and hoping to be able to attend BT again that is interested but unable to commit until close to the date. So the extra bedrm is still available and I would be happy to share w you and your friend. The house is available Thursday 15th at 4pm and I believe we have to checkout by 11am Sunday the 18th. Let me know asap your plans.
Female, looking for shared housing. I already have a ticket for 2023 BT. My previous housing plan fell through. Thanks, Lauren
Update, I found a place for Thurs-Sat, still need a place for Sunday night.
John Dubin here. I am attending BT 2023 and am looking for either a place I can park a 21′ RV (McCloud RV park is currently full, I would need an electrical hook up) or a shared housing space. 76 Years old , 20+ years tango dancer and this will be my third BT. Thanks. John
Did you find a place yet? We might have an extra room in McCloud, walking distance to the venue.
I’d be very interested and can even bring my own mat to put on the floor as long as I have use of bathroom and kitchen. Please let me know.
Would it work for a couple? And is there a kitchen? Cost?
Yes there is a kitchen. I can’t remember how well equipped it is. We stayed there last year with another couple. So yes, the second bedroom works for a couple. There is no AC. It is an older place, but very clean. I will have to call and see what this year’s price is.
Ok, sounds good. I’m very interested. Do you remember if the beds (mattresses) were any good?
Annette, Would you please call or text me at 541 -301-6474.
Yes, I’m interested! Please let me know cost. You can reach me by text or call 206 229-4552. Thanks! Lauren
I’ll call you later today (April 19)
Thanks for the suggestion. Still hoping to work it out in McCloud.