Please bring your cell phone with you!!!
When you arrive, there will be two lines: one for leaders and one for followers. At the head of each line you will pick up and/or complete the following three things:
- Place for your name and astrological sign
- Picture at left of some local view
- Picture at right of a typical tango instrument
- One or two large words at the bottom that will part of a well known phrase.
(2) Wrist Band: By this time you should already have your red, yellow or blue wrist band. This band MUST be worn ON YOUR WRIST for the DURATION OF THE FESTIVAL!
(3) Phone Number: Also, you will be asked to write the number of your cell phone (so don’t forget to bring it!) on a separate slip of paper that will be provided (blue for leaders and pink for follows) and place it in the appropriate bowl (yep you guessed it, blue bowl for leaders and pink for follows)
Unless otherwise indicated, each mixer will last one tanda:
- Wrist Band Match: Dance with someone who has the same color wrist band as you
- Musical Instrument Match: Dance with someone who has the same musical instrument on their badge as you do.
- Picture Match: Find someone with the same local view (picture on the left side of your badge) that matches yours.
- Speed Tango: Tanda will consist of 6 songs and goal is to change partners as quickly as possible between each song.
- Astrological Match: Dance with someone who has the same sign as you.
- Waterfall #1: Leaders line up on one side of the hall and followers on the other side, At the head of the line, couples meet, dance down the length of the hall, separate and get back in line While this is happening, each leader will be asked to draw a random phone number from the follower’s (pink) bowl. However, do not call the number until the next tanda!
- Random Call by Leaders: When the signal is given, leaders will call the number they’ve picked and try to identify who they’re talking to. When they figure it out, they dance the tanda with that person.
- Waterfall #2: Same as previous waterfall, except follows will pick a random phone number from the leader’s (blue) bowl.
- Random Call by Followers: When the signal is given, follows will call the number they’ve picked and try to identify who they’re talking to. When they figure it out, they dance the tanda with that person.
- Failure to Connect: All those who do not have a cell phone with them or did not get called, meet in the center for first choice.
- Word Pair Match: Find a partner whose word matches yours. E.g., If the word on your badge is “Rum…” you will need to find someone with the word “…and Coke” on their badge.
- Dance with a stranger: Or someone you’ve never danced with before.
Oh yeah, and did I remind you to bring your cell phone!!!