Each person will receive one playing card when they arrive. The mixer will proceed according to the guidelines below for each tanda. Jokers are wild and if you hold a joker you can use it to cut in and/or have first choice at any tanda. However, you must give up your joker and exchange it with the person you dance with. At the end, a prize will be given to any group of five that can create the highest poker hand without using any jokers. In case of a tie, each group will cut the deck for the highest card to win the prize.
- Dance with someone that has the same color suit as you.
- Dance with someone that has the opposite color suit as you.
- Jacks or better have first choice.
- Speed shuffle: find any partner, exchange cards and dance one song. When the song ends, dance and exchange cards with the person nearest to you.
- Dance with someone that holds the same suit as you.
- Spades dance with hearts and diamonds with clubs.
- Aces and prime numbers have first choice of partner.
- Speed shuffle
- Evens dance with odds and face card dance with face card (Aces sit out!)
- Spades dance with diamonds and clubs with hearts.
- Spades dance with clubs and hearts with diamonds
- Dance with someone who holds the same value card as you. (Suits do not have to match.)
- Highest poker hand created by any group of five wins a prize.